Jesse Huestis on Thu, 29 May 2003 20:59:50 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Sony Digital 8 Handycam DVR

I found good prices on 1394 cables from Buy.com ($10-14 for a 4 ft) and cyberguys.com

W. Chris Shank wrote:
Sony uses the 4pin connection in their products. It's 4pin to 4pin if you
are connecting to a Viao. before you buy a cable - look at the pinout of
your computer and get the appropriate one.

Jeff Jephree Mealo said:

Hello,

I have a video project for school and am lucky enough to have found a
teacher  found of me enough so to lend me his camcorder.  I'll be
editing this  digitally in either Adobe Premier or Cinellera [linux].
The manual describes  a 4-pin -> 4-pin interface, is this what I'll need
to hook it up to a PC or  another DV/i.LINK/Firewire/IEEE 3349 (I
believe it's 3349?)... device like a  VCR.  I know they have 4-pin ->
6-pin a lot cheaper.  I plan to give this  cable to him as a gift for
the favor as I'll only need it once.  If anyone's  had to do something
like this your input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeph