Jeffrey Mealo on Fri, 6 Jun 2003 12:06:10 -0400

[PLUG] Gyruss Arcade Machine (and Puppies)

Hello,

I am in the Philadelphia area and have a Gyruss Arcade machine.  The
game is in decent but well-played condition... It is in the process of
being converted to a MAME Cabinet (the game *used* to function properly
but there was a short involving the video, I couldn't tell if it was
the monitor, the board, or a bad wire but the audio and controls always
worked fine as well as the coin mechs.) I'm an amateur and basically
disassembled it but I've kept all of the parts... (I gutted the
internals but kept everything, I left the original power and speaker
wiring etc in though. I also kept the 19" CRT although I'm not sure
it's of any use.  I have the instruction manual and schematics; I'm
looking to sell this to someone who intends to put it to good use.  I'd
love a MAME cabinet as much as anyone else but the women in my house
seem to think the space it occupies outweighs its worth.  To sweeten
the deal I have a 19" Systemax Monitor that works fine... it was
removed from it's plastic casing about a month ago when a short in the
signal cable worsened (I used to be able to wiggle it and get perfect
color).  Anyhow, to no avail I tried to use a few other cables none of
which had the right pin assignments (15" CRT's from '97 and newer 19"
models have different numbers and positions of pins).

Basically I'm offering for pickup or for shipping at the buyers expense:

1) Gyruss Machine (gutted)
2) Marquees, Instructions, Schematics, Wiring, Coin Bin...
3) 19" AS-IS Monitor (feel free to plug it in, it'll say "CHECK SIGNAL
CABLE", You have my good faith word the tube was good and the cable was
in fact the problem it had a fairly good display and a few rough spots
that are not noticeable when mounted as it will be in the machine.)
4) A guaranteed working 15" CRT monitor
5) Original 19" CRT (No idea of it's status)
6) Gyruss Internals (Motherboard etc)

Imperfections:

1) Someone scratched a smiley face on the side of the machine (into the
wood). Not a big one, normal wear and tear the wood is in good
condition I'm sure you could match the paint colors at Lowes and make
it look good as new.

2) The lock for the coin door was cleanly removed (professionally I
might add) there should be no need for modification only replacement of
the lock to restore it to a suitable state for an arcade.

3) I was in a hurry to get in and get to work, and I made a small...
Mistake, I use a hammer and a flat head screwdriver to get the lock in
the back of the machine out. The particleboard surrounding it cracked
(1" diameter, very small).  You can wood glue it back in but the lock
is shot, the wood is getting old this could be expected but I don't
feel any better about how it happened.

4) Paint on the coin mech area is a little worn, normal wear and tear
the game is from the 70's~80's and it shows, however it wasn't near the
sea so it's rust free.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, I'd love to see this up and
running in a Tux-friendly household.  In fact maybe I could swing by
and see it in action one day ;).

Thanks,
Jeffrey Mealo

P.S. Pickup/Shipment from: 19342 (Glen Mills), It's located in front of
the back door and will require 3 men to lift, two should be provided if
you're willing to help it should be fine.