Jeff 'Jephree' Mealo on Tue, 10 Jun 2003 17:30:10 -0400

[PLUG] Re: Wireless LAN Coverage in The Suburbs (Jeffrey Mealo) & Free Wireless Access (William H. Magill)

Close, I'm considered Delaware County... eh, best bet would be to punch in
19342 or Glen Mills into Map Quest for an approx idea... It says from my
house to the center (I'd imagine) of west chester is: 8.14 miles.  I'm
looking at a page with 24dB gain antennas using Proxim base stations for a
3-5 mile radius.  It sounds like willing participants will have trouble
complying with the projects guidelines if the hardware requirements aren't
broad enough... Let's see how things go with Dell though, I guess...

Thanks,
Jeph

I don't know exactly what you were thinking, but why would you call me selfish
for wanting to share my bandwidth.  You assumed I was asking to use it and
not contribute.  Unless you were using me as an example of why those
providing the bandwidth would feel like they were getting stiffed.  As far as
I'm concerned I'd give $50 if I could give even 15KBs connections to a few
people.  a) bandwidth is like electricity in every sense, use it or loose it
someone else might as well have what I'm not using b) why can't packets carry
a priority like processes do? Anyway I'm branching off into a completely
different subject, you obviously misunderstood what I was asking.  I was more
referring to "where is the bandwidth coming from"?

Also how much is a block of IPs exactly (let's say a class c network).