Molnar, Bradley on Tue, 10 Jun 2003 20:52:10 -0400

RE: [PLUG] Fixing Corrupt Sectors on ext2

It appears as though the problem wasn't as bad as I had thought.  I ran an
IBM utility and it looks like there is absolutly nothing wrong with either
the disk or the mechanics on it.  There was only some data corruption (and
fdisk -c found nearly everything that was missing and attached it to
lost+found - now all I have to do is sort through that and find what is
what).

But, thanks for all of the ideas.

I do have one more question for the group --- after this experience, would
you stop using the drive, or is it probably still good.  Since it is
working, I must cancel the RMA on it as it does not appear to be defective.
I don't want to have to replace it (as this costs money), but will if I
must.

thanks
-b