Mental Patient on Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:20:15 -0400

Re: [PLUG] MCom service?

On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 15:44, Mattison, Jacob wrote:
> I'm troubleshooting a problem with Apache and mod_ssl.  I can connect via
> ssl on port 443 from a browser on the local machine, but not from other
> machines.
>
> nmap shows port 443 to be closed
>
> /etc/services shows port 443 to be assigned to a service called "MCom"
>
> Anybody know what this is, what it's doing on port 443, and how I can stop
> it?  Thanks!

Double check what apache is binding to. If its only binding to
localhost, it wont be available externally. Try running netstat -pn to
see what if anything is claiming 443. Anything show up in your error
logs? Is there a firewall or other filter blocking traffic to that port?

--
Mental (Mental@NeverLight.com)

Express yourself, just say yes