gabriel rosenkoetter on Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:59:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] date formating in email headers

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 04:41:28PM +0200, Jarvis, John wrote:
> Date: 16 Jun 2003 16:23:56 -0400
>
> This is messing up my ximian evolution client ("?" in the date field)
> because I think it expects the standard format of:
>
> Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:23:56 -0400

Ximian Evolution is clearly at fault here.

The idea that it would be possible to specify a "proper" date format
and force MUAs to adhere to it is preposterous.

Even if an RFC *did* say something about that, Evolution is doing
the most basically Wrong thing computer software can. It's failing
to be broad it what it will accept and narrow it what it will
produce (well, failing at least half of that, anyway).

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net