Jeffrey J. Nonken on Tue, 17 Jun 2003 09:36:04 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Dell TrueMobile 1184 wireless router arrived

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 22:57:44 -0400, Magnus wrote:
>I set up a rinky dink little page to dump photos & screen captures
>to:
>
>http://www.trilug.org/~chrish/dell-1184/
>
>The point of this project is to figure a way to spin custom Linux
>distros to load in firmware of this router so that you can enable
>features that Dell cannot support presently, like IPv6, advanced
>routing protocols, or who knows what else.  There isn't a lot of
room
>to work with so there are definitely limits to my expectations here.

Chris, bring one of these babies by when you stop in for the LX. My
camera does a fairly decent macro. If not, well, I have some tricks
up my sleeve that might work.

If all else fails, I have an old-fashioned "fillum" camera with some
attachments, and a scanner. There are plenty of one-hour labs not far
from here. I just got this camera reconditioned, too. :)