Kyle R. Burton on Tue, 17 Jun 2003 10:17:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Web developer job opening

> According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 10% of programmers in PA made
> $30,800 or less in 2001. The median was $55.5K. They don't differentiate web
> programmers from others. Software engineers averaged higher, database admins
> less, network and systems admins about the same.

Where lies the division between 'software engineer' and 'programmer'?

I've seen an amazing amount of variation in skill/knowledge level and
motivation in 'web developers'.  The dot-com boom lead many to beleive
they could when they could not...of course I can't be too critical, I
didn't know what I was doing when I started in this career (it's debatable
wether I do at this point as well :).

Kyle