Jeffrey J. Nonken on Tue, 24 Jun 2003 12:28:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Accessing a FAT32 drive from Linux

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 08:17:43 -0400, George Langford wrote:
>How do I persuade Linux to access this 80GB drive so I can
>retrieve my data ?  It was originally formatted FAT32 with EZ-BIOS,
>a Maxtor proprietary utility that's part of the MaxBlast hard
>disk installation procedure.

..with the side-note that having been formatted with EZ-BIOS doesn't necessarily mean that EZ-BIOS was needed to access it. I performed a similar operation this past weekend with MaxBlast on a drive the BIOS could handle; it very nicely did a standard DOS-type partition and format on the drive.

After much consultation George and I have pretty much concluded that his BIOS is perfectly happy with the 80GB drives. It's Win98 that was having trouble.