Jeffrey J. Nonken on Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:40:17 -0400

RE: [PLUG] Please Join - FW: Your Linux Meetup is cancelled

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:24:46 -0400, Christopher Shanahan wrote:
>Does anyone use the Freenode IRC channel? I go in there from time
>to time but I never see anyone chatting. And yes, at times I've
>waited hours to see if there was any activity.

I usually hang out there, but I'm better at joining conversations than starting anything profound.

Also, if I join and say "hello" and nobody answers for two hours, I have to assume that my fumbling attempts at raising the dead are being assiduously ignored.

*shrug* I've got a lot of dead channels open. One more doesn't bother me.