Jeffrey J. Nonken on Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:04:08 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Linux for SPARC?

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:45:40 -0400, Magnus wrote:

>Well I have a perfectly good Palm V, but the cradle is packed in a
>box
>somewhere and hasn't surfaced yet so the battery is quite dead. :-(

Tsk.

>>Or stick a note on your briefcase, or something.
>
>Briefcase?  Jeff, your age is showing!  It's a backpack. ;-)

Heh. OK, backpack then.

I used one until a few years ago. But on my last interview, I decided to upgrade my image a bit. No, I wasn't bringing a backpack along, but a cardboard folder and cheap watch were a tad low-class. I now own a nice Seiko gold watch and a leather briefcase, suitable for impressing potential employers. So far, I've been hired after all the interviews I've been to since then, wearing the watch and carrying that briefcase.

I'm hoping Monday to make it two for two. :)

(Actually, that's not quite true. I went for an interview while I was contracting, and didn't get hired. Apparently the job itself disappeared. It's not the only one.)