Paul on Mon, 30 Jun 2003 18:19:04 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Reading an 80GB hard disk with Mandrake Linux

amenex@voicenet.com wrote:

I'm certain that my main problem is that the disk was formatted
with Maxtor's proprietary S/W, EZ-Bios. How do I undo this S/W
without botching the data ? Alternatively, how do I tell Linux what
file system to look for ?

You must use the EZ-BIOS utility to both install or remove the software. There shouldn't be anything unusual about the formatting. EZ-BIOS just does some translating to allow the computer's real BIOS to handle a drive larger than it was designed for.