Christopher Shanahan on Mon, 30 Jun 2003 20:22:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Reading an 80GB hard disk with Mandrake Linux

George,

You indicated that the BIOS saw the drive as it should. If you have
data on the disk you want recovered, then STOP PLAYING WITH IT. If
you'd like to experiment with ez-bios then have at it.

Taken from Phoenix Technologies Web site:
"The nature of EZ-BIOS is hidden to most, being a rather unique sort
of utility. Its power lies in how it gets installed; not as a driver,
or any sort of file, but as raw machine-code written directly to
"Track Zero" on the hard-disk itself. This method ensures the integrity
and security of the code, and enables EZ-BIOS to provide the kind of
services not found with other products."

Data recovery is a process that includes copying the data from every
track/sector/cluster/block/etc/etc/etc. Everything. A bit-stream image
of the entire drive regardless of what's written to track zero. In most
cases this is not too difficult to do. I'm sure everyone in this group
could do it given a little time and some reading. What I meant when I
offered help was to help you to avoid a lot of time and frustration.
The truth is, it doesn't matter what type of file system is on the disk
or what type of data...as long as it's not illegal;)

Everything can be recovered.

Chris Shanahan