Fred K Ollinger on Sun, 6 Jul 2003 15:21:09 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Re: Linux for SPARC?

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003, Tom Diehl wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Jul 2003, Fred K Ollinger wrote:
>
> > > Aurora was a more smoothly packaged install but I really like the sparse
> > > install of Debian.  I liked the RHat UI better than KDE though.
> >
> > Does RedHat now write their own desktop? Where to download this?
>
> It is a highly customized version of gnome and KDE that they call bluecurve.
> They still have gnome and KDE but they made them look the same. Some people love

>From what the original poster said, I could have thought that rh wrote a
completely new desktop. They do contribute kernel code, but I thought that
an entire desktop would be a big project even for them. If I didn't know
anything, I would have thought that they wrote all the software that
hundreds of people contributed a lot of time on then gave away.

The desktop source code could be found here:

www.gnome.org

www.kde.org

If one uses blue curve, then I doubt that the gnome nor the kde people are
going to support a forked version of their code.

Fred