Rebecca Ore on Fri, 25 Jul 2003 22:47:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] aurora 1.0 on sparcstation 5 problem

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 10:09:12PM -0400, Michael Bevilacqua (michael@bevilacqua.us) wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 26, 2003 at 12:33:17AM +0000, Michael Lazin wrote:
> > I installed aurora 1.0 on a sparcstation 5, configured it for DHCP,
> > and connected it to my router.  I am receiving the following error
> > message upon booting "Timeout waiting for ARP/RARP packet."  I can't
> > seem to get past this message.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> This has nothing to do with the install of Aurora since its trying to
> boot via bootp/rarp from Openboot. Sorry to say your install wasn't
> successful.
>
> Try Debian.

Try getting to the ok prompt and typing boot disk (whatever the kernel
is called).  Once you're up with the right kernel, go back to the ok
prompt and do something like:

setparms boot disk .....

if I remember correctly.  Ok gets a fair amount of help at the prompt.

I've just installed netbsd from miniroot.fs onto my sparc5-170.

--
Rebecca Ore
http://mysite.verizon.net/rebecca.ore