kaze on Wed, 6 Aug 2003 13:06:24 -0400

RE: [PLUG] FW: BIND troubleshooting / help

--> [mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org]On Behalf Of Paul
--> Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 12:47 PM
--> To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
--> Subject: Re: [PLUG] FW: BIND troubleshooting / help
-->
-->
--> kaze wrote:
-->
--> >Is it possible IPtables on the machines is somehow to blame?
--> >
--> >What can I do next to troubleshoot?
--> >
--> >
-->
--> For one use nmap or nmapfe to scan port 53 to see if it's open.

Yeah, it's been open, even all the way to the outside - but does it block
outgoing somehow? Or is some reply blocked, I know on the Cisco ACL you have
to allow from anyone to port 53, and from anyone's port 53 to ports over 53
on tcp and udp. I'm probably reaching and just screwed something basic up...