Paul on Wed, 6 Aug 2003 13:33:23 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Re: FW: BIND troubleshooting / help

Tom Diehl wrote:

I do not understand your question. You say it is open but then you seem to think
it is blocked. zone transfers are by default done via port 53 tcp. Most other
dns things are 53 udp. You seem to know this but at teh same time you do not
seem sure, so I mentioned it again for clarity. From your trace in the previous
message it looks to me like you have something blocked. It is hard to tell for
sure without sniffing the packets with tcpdump or something. You do not have iptables turned on, on the nameservers so you??

In a related question, how can I use the new nmapfe to run a UDP scan? UDP used to be an radio button option on older versions of nmapfe. It seems to be missing now.