Bill Patterson on Sat, 9 Aug 2003 00:10:20 -0400

[PLUG] www.ecommercics.com/spider/

I have found the problem that was keeping some of the spidered web pages
off of our database Wednesday night.  I was not adding escape characters
before quotes, and the SQL was therefore in error for SOME of the web
pages being saved to the database (especially from Chris's site).  I
have now invoked the php function addslashes(), have targetted
www.cjfearnley.com, built a (manually truncated) database from the
spider of it, and can search successfully for "deanforamerica"!  I have
also added error checking to the spiderlib.php call to mysql_query().
<g>

Please feel free to play with the spider.php and search.php programs.
(Please note that I have disabled the INSERT statement in the spider.php
program so that the database won't grow too much.)

Bill