Bill Jonas on Wed, 27 Aug 2003 20:43:20 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Need help using Mandrake 9.0 and Palm 505 USB Cradle

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 07:22:51PM -0400, John Beck wrote:
> Has anybody had any luck using a Palm 505 (usb cradle) with Mandrake 9.0 and
> KPilot?  I don't know how to specify the device, as I don't know how it is
> being recognized by Linux (I'm still a newbie at this).  If anyone has
> gotten this combination to work, or can point a newbie in the right
> direction on how to troubleshoot this, it would be much appreciated!

I have an m125 with a USB cradle.  Assuming you have no other USB serial
devices attached at the time, try /dev/ttyUSB1.  I would say to ensure
you have the visor module loaded, but with your distribution being
Mandrake, that's probably already been taken care of.

See also <http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/PalmOS-HOWTO/>.

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your front door.  You step
into the Road,  and if you don't keep your feet,  there  is  no knowing
where you might be swept off to."  --  Bilbo Baggins