Walt Mankowski on Wed, 3 Sep 2003 23:25:27 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Symlinking mysql database

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 07:44:02PM -0400, Martin DiViaio wrote:
> I ran into a the same issue some time ago. I worked around it by first
> creating the database in the SQL interface. I then removed the directory
> from /var/lib/mysql and created the soft link. I don't know why your
> method doesn't work.

We ended up solving the problem by changing datadir in /etc/my.cfg
from /var/lib/mysql to /data/mysql.  Since this box pretty much exists
to serve this one big database, that should work fine for us.  I don't
have a clue why the symlink didn't work though.

Walt