Ruse, Kevin KPSI on Thu, 4 Sep 2003 10:11:08 -0400

RE: [PLUG] ghost user

What does it say for the tty on the who? Can you do an fuser on that device
to see what process has it open?

Kevin Ruse
Kvaerner Philadelphia Shipyard

-----Original Message-----
From: Jaiwant Mulik [mailto:jmulik@temple.edu]
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2003 9:53 AM
To: plug
Subject: [PLUG] ghost user

Hi all,

On my server `who` tells me that a jdoe is logged in. I just disabled
the account, but cannot force the already logged in jdoe out. What is
strange is that no jdoe login processes/shells show up in `ps -auxww`
and jdoe's shell in /etc/passwd was /bin/false.

After all this `who` still shows the person still logged in. Any idea
who to forcibly log this person out ?

bye,

--
Jaiwant Mulik <jmulik@temple.edu>