Paul on Fri, 12 Sep 2003 23:56:15 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Interesting Outsourcing Article...

William H. Magill wrote:

Maybe places like India and China will buy our goods.

That's one of the goals...

Think about Japan. Why would they want to buy an American car if the steering wheel is on the wrong side? We don't have that problem with a Toyota or Mitsubishi. How is it that we can send a letter addressed in English to Japan and it gets to its destination? What would your mailcarrier do with a letter addressed in Japanese? Japan makes its own excellent electronic devices and motorcycles. Why would they pay, I would think a higher price, for American products?

Before even worrying about Japan, China, India, etc., shouldn't we make products that Americans would choose over imports? And when we buy those products, wouldn't it be good to know that we're helping another American make a living? Seems like businesses are making the sale by selling out their country.