Bradley Molnar on Thu, 25 Sep 2003 19:53:06 -0400

[PLUG] sparc ultra 2 enterprise booting

this is a general question (I know a lot of people like and use various sun
hardware).

I am trying to clear the old OS from an Ultra 2 enterprise machine and
install linux (not a test machine).

I have one of those adaptors on the serial port which lets you plug a cat-5
like cable into it and the other end is in a windows machine.

I cannot get anything when using hyperterminal, and was wondering if anyone
could give me some ideas on how to get this installed (or if someone could
help me out that too would be great).

thanks
-brad