Beldon Dominello on 10 Oct 2003 02:06:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] rsync and Oracle?

On Thursday 09 October 2003 18:16, Paul wrote:
> Here's a stretch.  What about some kind of Storage Area Network, SAN,
> solution?  To me it just /sounds/ like something that might work.

The SAN idea has limitations that look (at this early stage) to be
show-stoppers.  For one, the machines need to be complete unto themselves and
share nothing in the way of resources like storage.  Also, booting from a SAN
is not a great way to go, so that still leaves the OS partitions on their
own, requiring a second method of replication on the same system such as
rsync.

	-Beldon

--
"It is important that students bring a certain ragamuffin, barefoot,
irreverence to their studies; they are not here to worship what is