Jon Nelson on 15 Oct 2003 01:07:02 -0400

[PLUG] ftp over ssh

I have been trying to get this to work and it is driving me crazy.

I can ftp using any client not over ssh.

When using Putty I create a local port forward and try to ftp I can login,
cd, put, get, but ls does not work.

---

OK. Current directory is /home/quincy
Logging in...
Logged in to localhost.

ncftp /home/quincy > ls
Data connection timed out.
Falling back to PORT instead of PASV mode.
List failed.
ncftp /home/quincy > ls
List failed.
ncftp /home/quincy > cd ..
OK. Current directory is /home
ncftp /home > dir
List failed.
ncftp /home > pasv
pasv: no such command.
ncftp /home > passive
passive                        on
ncftp /home > ls
List failed.

---

Since I can ftp no prob without ssh I don't think it is my firewall.

TIA,

Jon

--
Trooper Jon S. Nelson, Linux Certified Admin., CCNA
Pa. State Police, Bureau of Criminal Investigation