kaze on 16 Oct 2003 22:53:02 -0400

RE: [PLUG] OT: Spam

Questions:

Some list archives are member readable only, is this a reasonable
configuration? Perhaps once this thread ends it should be summarized and
added to the PLUG info / FAQ pages?

Just to confirm: If you have a post only eddress I guess then one has a
second subscribed eddress which only receives. Am I correct in thinking that
this prevents you from saying, "reply to me off-list" or the like?
Additionally this solution makes someone finding your eddress in the archive
in the future (and present) useless anyway, no?

Two notes:

Voicenet.com, does SPAM filtering for me. I can see the filtered emails via
webmail, and also add to my own 'whitelist' via web GUI. It catches maybe
80% of my SPAM. Peeping the header for an email earlier today from someone
at Drexel shows:

Also NTBugTraq "despammed" the archives three weeks ago...