Tobias DiPasquale on 17 Oct 2003 18:34:02 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Transfer REALLY large file(s) between Linux and OS X

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 18:06, W. Chris Shank wrote:
> I'm trying to move a 28G file from Linux to OS X. Transmit fails after
> 4G. scp fails after about the same. I'm trying to avoid cutting it up -
> I already tried to make on 5.6G file - but that fails too (no surprise).
> Unless I can take my 28G tarball and slice it into 7 4G pieces and
> reassemble then on the other side. It just really bother me that it's
> bombing at 4G. I assume because the file is being cached in RAM. Anyway
> to force scp to incrementally write the file to disk?

Bad assumption. All filesystems have a limit on the size that a file may
reach. I believe that this is 4GB on OS X. Chop it up.

--
<< Tobias DiPasquale >>
88FA 30C9 1E63 CFE2 CBD8  37C4 DA1C E2BF 1D26 F036