Tobias DiPasquale on 17 Oct 2003 21:08:01 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Transfer REALLY large file(s) between Linux and OS X

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 20:36, Magnus wrote:
> I have, many times.  Given an adequate pipe, scp is often at least 3x
> slower moving a very large (4GB+) file.  Now when I was moving a lot of
> files this size, it was over a gigabit pipe so with a slower pipe you
> might not notice much of a difference.

If only I was lucky enough to get some time on a gigabit pipe ;-)
Speaking of that, have you ever tried sftp? How have you found its speed
vs. scp vs. FTP?

--
<< Tobias DiPasquale >>
88FA 30C9 1E63 CFE2 CBD8  37C4 DA1C E2BF 1D26 F036