Mental on 20 Oct 2003 16:04:02 -0400

Re: [PLUG] SSH & SSL not playing well together

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 03:58:59PM -0400, Jon Nelson wrote:
> I have been working on some php scripting for my webmail client which runs
> over a SSL connection.  When I am working on the scripts from home I ssh
> in to the same box serving the webmail client and after a few minutes I
> lose the ssh connection with an error like "Software connection reset by
> host."  There are no errors in /var/log/messages.
>
> If I ssh into another box on my office network and then ssh into the box
> running the webmail client over the local net I have no problems. The
> webmail server has a local and external interface.
>
> I have experienced this problem with both putty an cygwin and exploiter
> and mozilla.

Is nat involved? Are you just hitting the tcp timeout for idle
connections in whatever the nat software is? Thats what I've seen cause
that frequently.

--
Mental (Mental@NeverLight.com)

 I knew you once When you were young
 Before you knew What you'd become
 But that was then - And this is now
 You've lost your way - You've fallen down

--Assemblage 23

GPG public key: http://www.neverlight.com/pas/Mental.asc