Bob Schwier on 25 Oct 2003 20:20:03 -0400

[PLUG] Gateway computers

Does anyone know how to break into the bios in a Gateway 2000 so as to
get it to accept new ram memory?
This is the second Gateway that I've tried to upgrade only to find that
the machine did not believe the new memory chips when I tried to put
them on.  Is there a jumper switch that must be reset?  The bios also
seems to be hard wired as I see no replacable chip positions on the
board.
Most machines do not behave this impolitely when new memory is installed.
bs