Chris Mann on 4 Nov 2003 09:41:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] FW: Red Hat Linux end-of-life update and transition planning

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 09:34, Jon Nelson wrote:
> Is for me.  I am in the midst of installing Debian.
>
> I know that they have the Fedora project, but I don't like how there is no
> stable version and that there is no easy, set in place way of upgrading
> installed packages (ie, apt-get, up2date).
>
> It's bumming me out and it's going to hurt a little, but I up for the
> challenge.

I was in the middle of the "what the hell do I do now" debate yesterday.
Personally, I've started using Gentoo, so I guess I'm ok at home.

At work, well that was as different story. Until I saw this:

http://www.novell.com/news/press/archive/2003/11/pr03069.html

Since we're a novell shop, it kind of works out for us.

--
Christopher Mann, SAGE
Systems Administrator

* This email has been digitally signed using GnuPG. *
* http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2440.html *