Magnus Hedemark on 3 Dec 2003 12:59:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] free RHEL alternative news

Magnus Hedemark wrote:

> White Box Enterprise Linux - Pretty much RHEL minus the trademarked
> artwork and support agreement.  RC2 is out now, though only by
> BitTorrent at this time.  RC1 was pretty good so this should be nice.
> http://www.whiteboxlinux.org

I was asked in IRC because I neglected to mention, WBEL is based on RHEL 3.0. It's a pretty faithful port, but does neuter RHN and adds the up2date/yum hybrid from Fedora since these machines can never participate in RHN anyway.