Walt Mankowski on 9 Dec 2003 00:08:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Thoughts on creating a virtual file system

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 07:56:06PM -0500, Mike Chirico wrote:
> I move around from computer to computer, and it's nice to have
> access to all my files, along with the symbolic links etc.  So what
> I did was create a file and mounted it as a drive.  Then, when I
> moved to another computer for a few hours, I just copied the file
> and mounted in again on the second computer.

Cute idea, but sadly 10 MB files still aren't as portable as one would
like.  How do you move it around?  Got one of those keyfob USB
harddrive thingies?  If so, why not just use the file system that
comes with it?

Walt