Kam Salisbury on 11 Dec 2003 23:29:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Here is how you get LPI certified...

On Thursday 11 December 2003 22:53, Jon Nelson wrote:
> Kam Salisbury said:
> > Step 5, Arrive on time for your exam. Be nice to Wilma if she is there
> > (it is because of people such as her that the LPI even exists) and do
> > well on your exam.
>
> Step 6, pay for and take the second exam.
>
> Correct me if I am wrong but the LPI is based on two tests and they just
> offer one for free at Linuxworld.  At least that's the way it was last
> year when I attended.

Yes, that is correct. The LPI certification for level one is a 2 exam process.
When I was taking my first exam for free, there were others in the room
taking their second exam for free. The seat for the exam was paid for by the
sponsers of the event without restriction to which exam you could take.

Jon, are you saying that maybe certifications requiring more than one exam
(ie. MCSA/MCSE, CNE, CCIE... et'al) are somehow wrong?