Sandy Basickes on 21 Dec 2003 20:07:02 -0500

[PLUG] make-kpkg

     I have recently used make-kpkg to build and install linux-2.4.23.
     I followed the steps:
     under linux-2.4.23
     make-kpkg clean
     have .conifg
     make-kpkg --revision main.1 --initrd kermel_image
     dpkg -iEG kernel-2.4.23......deb
     i got the message that I must fix my lilo.conf , and then I was dumped.
     I always tell the install program not to change lilo, and then
     I set it myself.
     I   tried this twice and failed.
     I then did:
         make-kpkg --revision main.1 kernel_image
          dpkg -iEG kernel-2.4.23......deb
	  the dpkg program worked and asked if I wanted lilo.conf made.
	  i said no, did my lilo and the system is running fine.
    why can't I use --initrd
         sandy

    I also spent time looking at debian mailing lists... I could not find
    a section on make-kpkg.