John Lavin on 1 Jan 2004 17:27:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Re: pondering thinkpad purchase

Thanks for all the tips.  I've been browsing linux-laptop and thinkpad
lists and feel comfortable in being able to get sarge installed on a
Thinkpad R40.  Went and bought one.  Should have it within 2 weeks (not
in stock currently).  Looks like I should be able to get all the
hardware on it working properly based on a lot of the linux-thinkpad
list as well as the website you mentioned, including wireless with the
latest kernels.

I'll have to report back when I recieve delivery and start fiddling with
it.

BTW - I did take a look at the those Compaqs at Best Buy.  I wasn't
impressed with them besides the price, to be honest.  Only touchpads of
course...

Thanks all,
-john

--
John Lavin <jlavin@wayreth.net> http://www.wayreth.net                  ,''`.
Fingerprint: B0AA 4A33 D43F BA67 E524  22F3 DA3B F8C8 2BA4 8C46        : :' :