Dayton Gray on 6 Jan 2004 14:21:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Debian + apache 2.0 + php4 + mysql

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 20:32:02 -0500 (EST), Jon Nelson wrote
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to help a friend to get the aforementioned packages installed
> on a new sarge install.  php4 has apache-common (>= 1.3.26) as a
> dependency and does not install modules for apache2.  I have done a
> lot of googling and could not come up with an answer/package to fix
> this.  Is there any way around this other than compiling from source?
>
> TIA,
>
> Jon
>
> --
> Trooper Jon S. Nelson, Linux Certified Admin., CCNA
> Pa. State Police, Bureau of Criminal Investigation
> Computer Crimes Unit
> Work: 610.344.4471 Cell/Page: 866.284.1603
> jonelson@state.pa.us

I have always prefered to "roll my own" when it comes to apache+php+mysql.
Regardless of which Linux distribution I am using (Debian included). This
gives you a lot more granularity and control of apache modules. I have not
found any debian apache package that bundles everything I have needed.

Regards,

Dayton Gray
dgray<@>omnio<dot>com