Paul on 12 Jan 2004 17:43:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Strange Mozilla Font Behaviour

McLinux wrote:

Recently I experimented with the way mozilla uses font, antialiasing and so on. However I have stumbled upon some unexpected response. I will describe step by step of what I have done:

FYI: /usr/share/fonts/ttf contains Win2K fonts.

The problem begins here, after some operations and some kind of timeout, Mozilla Mail becomes inoperable. The whole thing becomes inresponcive. Upon execution of ps -ef. I find mozilla-bin becoming defunct and hence left with no choice, I have to kill it. So, the bottom line, I am not sure if its the window fonts are the culprit, or some bug with mozilla. The true type support have been incorporated within Mozilla after ver 0.9.6.

I don't have a definate solution for you, but I would double check the procedures for adding fonts to the system. In other words, I think you may have a font problem as opposed to a Mozilla problem.