Sandy Basickes on 20 Jan 2004 20:17:02 -0000

[PLUG] CD I/O errors on reading towards the end of the data

I have been testing data backup on an LG cdrw.  It usually writes fine.
It fails nearly every time when I verify the data.
Schilling, who wrote  cdrecord states in a README.verify that Linux suffers
this I/O error towards the end of the disk because of read ahead.
Is there any way to turn off the read ahead on the CD?
I am using bru to write the data to a file , and then I use cdrecord to
write the file to the CD.
When I check for the table of contents on the CD with bru -t
i get I/O errors toward the end of the disk, and bru dies in its tracks.
sandy basickes