M.Simons on 6 Feb 2004 21:28:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] What became of the wireless mesh talk?

> > I had also created a mailing list on yahoogroups called PLAN-TALK P.L.A.N.
> > being Philadelphia Local Area Networking or something like that... my
> > interest and philosophy in that is connectivity by any means neccessary,
> > be it wired, or wireless, light, or otherwise based.
>
> You might lose people.  A lot of people, like me, have dropped yahoo
> groups because of their pattern of changing your privacy preferences
> without notifying you or asking your consent.  Not to mention the ads.

Yeah, it's just an easy tool and it's still there. I've actually *never*
had problems with this.  I think it's overblown, and may just be related
to yahoo email accounts... you can STILL join a yahoo group from any email
address without giving yahoo ANY of your info (except that email address.)

They did recently start some sort of anti-spam email filter on groups
thing which is screwing things up right now, but I figure they'll fix it
soon enough.

--
msimons@slackware.com INFORMATION*MEDIA*PHOTOGRAPHY www.michaelsimons.com
Creative Arts Resource Project : PTMaterials Exchange : www.pleasetake.org