Ron Kaye Jr on 11 Feb 2004 16:47:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] apache + php + mySQL

very helpful
always grateful for assistance.

ron kaye

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul <gyoza@comcast.net>
Sent: Feb 10, 2004 10:35 PM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: Re: [PLUG] apache + php + mySQL

rekaye1005@earthlink.net wrote:

>thanks for the info.
>final question: are php and MySQL current technology for dynamic web pages?
>i stopped programming with C, and did not engaged in web stuff,
>as the early html did not seem terribly interesting.
>it is time to get up to speed. i want to learn current methodologies.
>am i on the right track

To take this in a different direction than others have, I would also
suggest learning to create solid, standards-based HTML or XHTML pages
and learning about Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) for formatting.  Knowing
some Javascript, or at least about the event handlers in HTML, can be
useful.

I don't really care for Java stuff.

Ah, I can make some logical pairings of the basic technologies; the
learning of which would keep you busy for a while.

HTML/CSS

PHP/Javascript

MySQL/PostgreSQL