Michael C. Toren on 17 Feb 2004 20:52:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] DOSEMU-FreeDos Printer

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 03:28:45PM -0500, W. Chris Shank wrote:
> It's been so long since I worked with DOS I don't even know where to
> begin with this. I am running an app in freedos via dosemu and I need to
> setup a printer in DOS. Has anyone done this in dosemu / freedos? Can
> you point me to some helpful hints?

<http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-msdos@vger.kernel.org/msg03099.html> and
<http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-msdos@vger.kernel.org/msg02714.html> are
some of the first Google hits for "freedos printer lpt1", and appear to
indicate that it's possible to configure printer redirection where access
under DOS to the LPT1 port will execute a command (e.g., lpr) specified in
your global.conf file.

-mct