eric@lucii.org on 25 Feb 2004 14:48:02 -0000

[PLUG] sudoers file

Anybody have any experience with the sudoers file?
I've tried man, info, and google - all with the same result :-(

I want a user, admin, to be able to run /bin/tar without passwords
so I "visudo" and enter this line (as suggested in the references:

  admin     ALL=/bin/tar    NOPASSWD: ALL

but every time I exit, I see this:

>>> sudoers file: syntax error, line 25 <<<
What now?

The only thing that works (AFAIK) is:

  admin     ALL=(ALL)    NOPASSWD: ALL
     (which is more that I want to allow!)
OR
  admin     ALL=/bin/tar
     (without the "NOPASSWD: ALL")

What am I missing (besides "a clue"?)

TIA

Eric
--
#  Eric Lucas
#     "Oh, I have slipped the surly bond of earth