sean finney on 2 Mar 2004 05:20:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Online game for Linux?

hi ed,

unfortunately the selection of commercial games is not all that great,
though it's growing.  however, there's always winex, which is a
pseudo open source port of wine especially designed for playing your
favorite windows games in linux  i'm definitely looking forward to

i know that quake 2 and 3 have been ported to linux (i bought a copy of
the latter at microcenter for $1.99 a while back), as have a few others
like the myth series (all of which sucked except the first, imo).

in the "free as in speech" category, i haven't spent too much time,
but i have a friend who's really into freeciv.  if you like tetris,
i've heard netris is really cool.  I'd be particularly interested to
hear what others have to say about this category.

	sean