Michael C. Toren on 3 Mar 2004 21:41:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] PLUG Meeting Announcement - "How to avoid writing kernel modules" - Wed, Feb. 4, 2004

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 09:11:10PM -0500, Mike Leone wrote:
>           PLUG -- The Philadelphia area Linux Users Group
>              Cordially invites you to our next meeting
>       Wednesday Feb 4, 2004 @ The University of the Sciences
>                    in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
>
> The topic of this month's meeting is "How to avoid writing Kernel
> Modules for fun and non-profit".  Our presenter this month is Michael
> Toren.

Slides from my presentation last month are available at:

	<http://michael.toren.net/slides/lkm-alternatives/>

The DNS payload inspection tool described in the talk, modified slightly
to include some terse documentation and error checking, is available at:

	<http://michael.toren.net/code/dns-payload-inspection.pl>

The countertrace utility described in the talk, used to fake inbound
traceroutes, was first released in July of 2002 and is available at:

	<http://michael.toren.net/code/countertrace/>

Sorry for not posting these earlier.  If anyone has any questions, please
let me know.

Thanks,
-mct