John Lavin on 7 Mar 2004 05:10:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] iptables question

Tobias DiPasquale said:
> s/INPUT/FORWARD/g

Actually, I think I do want INPUT/OUTPUT.  I'm not forwarding these
requests onto another box - they stay there on the box with the
firewall.

I also want to restrict these rules to the eth1 card so I need to keep
the rules to only eth1.  I settled on the following.  seems to work for
me:

# each different mac address to allow....
iptables -A INPUT -i eth1 -m mac --mac-source xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -i eth1 -m mac --mac-source xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -i eth1 -m mac --mac-source xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx -j ACCEPT

iptables -A INPUT -i eth1 -j DROP

I was toggling each of the specific mac lines, and getting blocked and
allowed when I should be on each.

Thanks,
-john
--
John Lavin <jlavin@wayreth.net> http://www.wayreth.net                  ,''`.
Fingerprint: B0AA 4A33 D43F BA67 E524  22F3 DA3B F8C8 2BA4 8C46        : :' :