Michael C. Toren on 9 Mar 2004 21:02:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Comcast Users

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 01:45:01PM -0500, Matthew Ozor wrote:
> I know that many of you in this area are using Comcast HIS for there
> connection. Just wondering if anyone else had problems with BitTorrent
> lately.  If anyone knows did they start blocking the port?

My experience has been that what Comcast filters varies greatly from
neighborhood to neighborhood.  For example, one friend of mine had service
in Media and found inbound ports 22, 25, 80, and 119 to be filtered, while
another friend had service in North Wales and successfully ran a mail and
webserver from home for many months.  YMMV.

-mct