Alex Birch on 12 Mar 2004 14:34:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] [OT] Postage on EMail?

George Gallen wrote:

I'd like to know who is going to keep track of the stamps?

I've seen similar ideas before; what I gather third parties could sell stamps. You have your email account configured to only look at emails that have whatever minimum monetary value. For example I could have it set to 30 cents, if your email doesn't have a 30 cent stamp I don't see it.

There are other solutions where sender pays postage, but it isn't collected unless the recipient cashes out the stamp. E.g., if I don't like the email the eStamp's value would go to my paypal account (with the eStamp issuer taking his slice.)

These solutions aren't that bad; they prevent spam.

Cheers,
Alex