Will Dyson on 23 Mar 2004 17:42:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Samba-Cups printing to w32 printer

Arthur S. Alexion wrote:

EpsonColorInkjet is not on localhost. It is a w32 printer on smb name ¨chubby¨.

I have read every online how-to I could find, the cups manuals, and every samba book I could find at B&N. Nothing seems to work. Suggested troubleshooting tells me my system is fine. Contents of /etc/printcap is simply

EpsonColorInkjet:
HP5si:

Any ideas?

It sounds like you have the regular lp and friends installed. Cups has a replacement set of lp utilities that know about printing to cups printers. In debian, you can get this by installing the cupsys-bsd package.

If that isn't it, do you have cupsd set to generate your /etc/printcap file?

--
Will Dyson
"Back off man, I'm a scientist!" -Dr. Peter Venkman