Chip Salzenberg on 30 Mar 2004 16:01:03 -0000

[PLUG] Re: Cannot change perms on fat32 partition?

According to Gregson Helledy:
> Last week I posted about being unable to change perms on my fat32
> partition, mounted as /windows by root.

Win32 can't represent most Unix permissions, so you can't set them.

Check out the "mount options for fat" in the mount man page,
especially umask, fmask, dmask, uid, and gid.
--
Chip Salzenberg               - a.k.a. -               <chip@pobox.com>